Currently, new Quontic account holders can earn $50 in Slickdeals Rewards when they open a new high-yield savings account. While that’s not a huge bank account bonus, it’s coupled with ultra-high yields on some of its other accounts, as well as other rewards-based banking products.
This bonus can help you kickstart your savings for emergencies, a home down payment or other savings goals. If you’re thinking about finding a new savings account with a better yield than what you’re getting now, Quontic Bank should be on your radar. Here’s what you should know about what the digital bank offers.
Secure application on issuer’s website.
Quontic Bank High Yield Savings Account
Monthly Fees: No monthly maintenance fees
Minimum Opening Balance: $100
No overdraft or monthly fees
Access to 90,000+ ATMs nationwide
Quontic Bank High-Yield Savings Account Bonus
As a Slickdeals Rewards member, signing up for a high-yield savings account with Quontic Bank could net you $50 in Slickdeals Rewards. To earn the bonus, make sure you’re enrolled in Slickdeals Rewards, then simply open an account with $500 or more in funding.
Here are the steps to take to ensure that you earn the bonus:
- Install the Slickdeals Shopping Assistant Browser Extension (if you don’t already have it installed) on your PC or laptop.
- Enroll in SD Rewards and make sure your account is registered and signed in so you can track and redeem rewards.
- Disable ad blockers or whitelist the Slickdeals Extension. Also, if you use other cash-back or coupon extensions, only the one you use last will get credit, so if you want to earn this bonus, be sure not to activate other extensions during this process.
- Once you’re logged in to your Slickdeals account, click the Open Account button above, and open and fund your new Quontic Bank HYS account. You must apply through the link on this page in order to receive the $50 bonus.
- Do not close the Quontic Bank HYS window prior to confirming and funding your new account. Closing the window may make you ineligible for the $50 bonus. If you don’t fund the account with the full $500 during this process, you may not receive the bonus. You can fund the account with an ACH transfer or by using Plaid’s technology.
- Once you open and fund your new Quontic Bank HYS account, you will be directed to create an “Online Banking” account through Quontic Bank in order to complete your registration. You will then be able to track your order in your SD Rewards account.
The $50 bonus offer is provided solely by Slickdeals and is unrelated to any benefits or offers provide by Quontic Bank. Quontic Bank is not responsible for the $50 bonus.
Slickdeals is pleased to make this offer available to you. Please follow the instructions carefully to help avoid any processing issues.
For questions related to this bonus offer, please submit a support request
To make sure we can process your offer please ensure the following:
- Make sure you are logged into Slickdeals via the Slickdeals Shopping Assistant Browser Extension.
- Whitelist Slickdeals in AdBlock.
- Make sure cookies are enabled in your browser.
- Complete your application in one browsing session.
- Make sure we are your last click to the advertiser.
According to Quontic, the application process takes less than three months, and you should expect to receive your $50 bonus via Slickdeals Rewards Points within 30 calendar days of funding your account.
About Quontic Bank
Quontic Bank is a digital bank, which means it has no brick-and-mortar bank branches. The bank was founded in 2013, with headquarters in Manhattan, New York. In addition to banking products, Quontic also offers mortgage loans. The bank is a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), which means that part of its mission is to expand economic opportunities in low-income communities.
The bank does this by providing flexible home loan programs with less stringent underwriting, low or no down payment requirements and more. So, if you open an account with Quontic, your funds will be used to help further its goal of helping low-income families, immigrants, people of color, small business owners and others who may struggle to achieve the dream of homeownership through traditional mortgage options.
As with most other banks, deposits with Quontic are FDIC-insured. One thing that sets Quontic apart from most banks is the Pay Ring. This ring, which costs $29, is a payment wearable that allows you to make contactless payments with a tap of your hand. You can also wear the ring in your day-to-day life, and there’s no need to charge it. You can also lock the ring if you lose it, then unlock it again once you find it.
As of January 2022, Quontic doesn’t charge fees for the following:
- Activity statements
- Cashier’s checks
- Faxes and photocopies
- Incoming wire transfers
- Check and statement photocopies
- Activity printouts
- Money orders
- Foreign collections
- Outgoing collections
- Excessive checks
- Electronic statements
- Non-sufficient funds and overdrafts
There is, however, a $5 monthly fee for dormant accounts.
Quontic Bank Accounts
It doesn’t always make sense to switch to another bank solely for one account. But fortunately, Quontic offers several other solid banking products, including:
- High Yield Savings account
- High Interest Checking account
- Bitcoin Rewards Checking account
- Cash Rewards Checking account
- Money Market account
- Certificate of Deposit account
Here’s what you need to know about each of the accounts the bank offers and whether they’re right for you.
High Yield Savings
The Quontic Bank high-yield savings account offers an impressive interest rate. You’ll get a 1.85% annual percentage yield (APY) as of July 2022, which beats the majority of other high-yield savings accounts on the market. You only need a minimum deposit of $100 to open the account — though you’ll need $500 to earn the $50 Slickdeals Rewards bonus — and there are no monthly maintenance fees.
Note, however, that there is a limit of six withdrawals per statement cycle. This is standard for savings accounts and money market accounts. If you take more than six withdrawals in a statement cycle, there’s a $10 fee for each withdrawal, which includes automatic and telephonic transfers, checks, drafts and debit card transactions.
High Interest Checking
With this interest-bearing checking account, account holders will earn an APY of 1.10%, which is impressive for a high-yield savings account, let alone a checking account. To earn the high yield, you’ll need to make at least 10 qualifying point-of-sale transactions of at least $10 with your account debit card. If you don’t make the required transactions, you’ll only earn an APY of 0.01%, which is more in line with the interest rate that other checking accounts typically offer.
The minimum deposit for the account is $100, and there is no monthly service fee or overdraft fees. Additionally, you’ll get be able to enjoy withdrawals with no ATM fees at more than 90,000 ATMs in the AllPoint, MoneyPass and SUM networks, as well as with Citibank ATMs located in Target, Speedway, Walgreens, CVS, Kroger, Safeway, Winn Dixie and Circle K.
Bitcoin Rewards Checking
If you’d rather earn rewards on your debit card purchases than interest on your balance, consider the Bitcoin Rewards account. This account offers an impressive 1.5% back in the form of Bitcoin on all eligible point-of-sale debit card purchases. Rewards initially accrue in U.S. Dollars but are used to buy Bitcoin through crypto company NYDIG. Note that funds in this account are not FDIC-insured.
The minimum opening deposit for this account is $500, which is steeper than the others. However, it has no monthly fee and no overdraft fees, and there’s no minimum balance requirement.
Unfortunately, the Bitcoin Rewards Checking account is not available in all states. If you’re a resident of Hawaii or North Carolina, you’ll need to wait until it’s available in those states.
Cash Rewards Checking
Like the Bitcoin checking account, the Cash Rewards checking account offers 1.5% back on every eligible point-of-sale purchase you make with your debit card. Your cash-back rewards will be deposited into your checking account at the beginning of each statement cycle.
You can open this account with a $100 opening deposit, and there’s no minimum balance requirement, monthly fee or overdraft fees. You’ll also have access to more than 90,000 in-network ATMs with no ATM fees.
Like Quontic’s savings account, you’ll earn an impressive 1.85% APY with the bank’s high-rate money market account. The minimum opening deposit is $100, and there are no monthly fee or overdraft fees. You’ll also get fee-free ATM withdrawals with your debit card at more than 90,000 ATMs across the country. Keep in mind, though, that there is a six-withdrawal limit on your account, and that includes debit card transactions, as well as the others listed above for the savings account. All excess withdrawals are assessed at a $10 fee.
Certificate of Deposit
Quontic offers a variety of certificates of deposit (CDs), including options for six months, one year, two years, three years and five years. Here’s how the interest rates break down for each option:
|Term||Annual Percentage Yield|
You’ll need at least $500 to fund an account. There’s no monthly service fee, but remember that CDs require that you keep your money in the account until it reaches maturity. If you take a withdrawal too early, you’ll be assessed a penalty. However, the bank doesn’t disclose what that penalty will be.
Quontic Bank Pros and Cons
Quontic offers an excellent suite of banking products that provide above-average value, even compared to other online banks like Axos Bank, Ally Bank, Discover and more. So, it’s definitely worth considering, even if you’re happy with your current banking situation.
What’s more, you can enjoy a nice bonus when you open a Quontic high-yield savings account through Slickdeals Rewards. With that said, here are some pros and cons to consider with Quontic.
- High value: Regardless of which checking account or savings product you use, you can get a lot of value in the form of interest or rewards. Other online banks like Axos Bank and Discover offer interest-bearing or cash-back checking accounts, but these offerings are relatively rare.
- ATM network: Most digital banks have broader networks of surcharge-free ATMs than traditional banks, but Quontic has access to multiple networks, giving you more options to save.
- Low fees: You don’t have to worry about maintenance fees or most other fees with this bank. Offering little to no fees is common among digital banks, though, so you may be able to find similar offerings elsewhere.
- No physical branches: The biggest drawback of any online bank is the lack of brick-and-mortar branches. If you handle a lot of cash — the bank doesn’t accept cash deposits — or you prefer in-person service, a digital bank like Quontic may not be the right option for you, at least not for your main banking. You can still take advantage of the bank’s savings products for that aspect of your finances.
- Limited support: If you have questions, you can call customer service at 1-800-908-6600. But that support is only available Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Eastern time. If you need support outside of those hours, especially on the weekend, you’ll have to wait.
- Interest checking requirements: If you want an interest checking account, you’ll need to use your debit card regularly to earn the highest rate.
Is Quontic Bank Right for You?
No bank or banking product is right for everyone, so it’s important for you to consider your banking needs and preferences to determine if Quontic is the right fit for you. Carefully consider the products the bank has to offer and compare them with the value you’re getting from your current bank or credit union, as well as to other offerings through online and traditional banks.
Also, consider the potential downsides. If you use cash regularly, for instance, you may want to at least hold onto your current bank or credit union account for better access to cash deposits, which you could then transfer to your Quontic account. But if you don’t want to jump through those hoops, an account with a bank or credit union that has brick-and-mortar branches where you live may be the best option for you.
If you’re on the fence, consider opening the savings account to earn the $50 bonus to try out Quontic. Getting a little experience with the bank account can give you a better idea of whether it’s the right choice for you in the long run.