Most products on this page are from partners who may compensate us. This may influence which products we write about and where and how they appear on the page. However, opinions expressed here are the author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airline or hotel chain. This page may include information about American Express products currently unavailable on Slickdeals. American Express is not a partner of Slickdeals.
- This offer is available through December 31, 2023
- Earn a $200 bonus when you open a new TD Convenience Checking account and have direct deposits totaling $500 or more into the new account within the first 60 days from account opening.
- Earn a $300 bonus when you open a new TD Beyond Checking account and have direct deposits totaling $2,500 or more into the new account within the first 60 days from account opening.
Banks often try to attract new customers by offering limited-time bank bonus promotions. The promotions usually require opening a new bank account and meeting balance or deposit requirements. TD Bank currently offers two bank bonuses that can net you up to $300 for opening select checking accounts and reaching specific direct deposit goals in the allotted time frame.
Keep reading to learn more about TD Bank’s latest promotions, how to earn a bonus and details about the bank’s other products and services.
TD Beyond Checking $300 Bank Bonus
Customers can earn a $300 bonus when they open a new TD Beyond Checking account and have direct deposits totaling $2,500 or more into the new account within the first 60 days from account opening.
The TD Beyond Checking bank bonus is available through December 31, 2023. Take advantage of the offer soon to ensure you qualify for the bonus before it expires.
TD Beyond Checking Benefits
TD Beyond Checking offers several extra benefits customers will love:
- Overdraft payback: If you ever end up with an annoying overdraft charge on your account, have no fear. Beyond Checking automatically reverses overdraft fees up to twice a year, up to $70 max.
- Free ATMs: Paying to use an ATM is a drag. That’s why the bank doesn’t charge a fee for using TD Bank ATMs in the U.S. and Canada. As long as you keep a $2,500 daily balance, TD Bank reimburses you for fees charged by out-of-network ATM owners.
- Multiple payment options: Beyond Checking has options for quicker payments through Rush Bill Payments. TD Bank charges a fee for these, but Beyond Checking customers are reimbursed. Customers can also send payments via Zelle and outgoing wires, with one fee reimbursement per statement cycle for outgoing wire transfers, domestic or international.
- Other account freebies: TD checking offers other freebies like standard checks, official bank checks, money orders and stop payments. These lesser-used features are often overlooked but provide plenty of value to the most checking customers.
- Rate discounts: Beyond Checking accounts open customers up to discounted rates on TD Bank lending products like personal loans and home equity loans.
Recommended Bank Bonuses
|Bank Account||Intro Bonus||Minimum Deposit||Learn More|
SoFi Checking and Savings
$50-$300Expires June 30, 2024
New customers can earn a $300 bonus for opening a new SoFi Checking and Savings account and receiving a total of $5,000+ in qualifying direct deposits within the specified evaluation period; receive $1,000 - $4,999 in qualifying direct deposits to earn a $50 bonus.
Chase Total Checking® Account
$200Expires January 24, 2024
New Chase checking customers enjoy a $200 bonus when you open a Chase Total Checking® account and make direct deposits totaling $500 or more within 90 days of coupon enrollment.
Chase Business Complete Checking®
$300Expires January 18, 2024
Earn $300 when you open a new Chase Business Complete Checking® account. For new Chase business checking customers with qualifying activities.
Monthly Maintenance Fees
TD Beyond Checking accounts do come with monthly maintenance fees, but TD Bank offers three ways to waive them:
- Monthly direct deposits of $5,000 or more per statement cycle
- A minimum daily balance of $2,500
- A combined balance of $25,000 or more in eligible TD Bank accounts
As long as you meet one of these requirements each month, you’ll never pay monthly maintenance fees on your checking account.
Waived Fees on Other TD Bank Accounts
As mentioned, there are ways to waive your account’s monthly fee, but Beyond Checking also waives fees on other select TD Bank accounts. You can receive a fee waiver on one other TD personal checking account and any savings or money market accounts.
Best Bank Account Bonus Promotions in December 2023
TD Convenience Checking $200 Bank Bonus
If you don’t think you can meet the Beyond Checking requirements to earn the bonus or waive fees, there’s still another way to earn a bank bonus offer.
Similar to the other offer, customers can earn a $200 bonus when they open a new TD Convenience Checking account and have direct deposits totaling $500 or more into the new account within the first 60 days from account opening. Person-to-person deposits and bank transfers don’t count toward bonus requirements.
Bonus fine print:
- Upon meeting the bonus criteria, TD Bank credits the bonus to your checking account no later than 180 days from account opening.
- Your checking account must remain open and in good standing through the qualifying period to receive a bonus.
- If your account is closed (by you or TD Bank) within the first six months from opening, TD Bank has the right to deduct the bonus amount from your account at closing.
- You can only earn one bonus per account, and you can’t combine it with any other offers.
- Like many bank bonus offers, you may receive an IRS 1099-MISC form from TD Bank, reporting the value of the bonus.
Like the other bank bonus offer, the TD Convenience Checking bonus is available through December 31, 2023.
About TD Convenience Checking
TD Convenience Checking is a basic checking account. It doesn’t have all the bells and whistles found with Beyond Checking, but it also has much lower minimum balance requirements. The checking account charges a $15 monthly service fee waived by keeping a $100 minimum daily balance for the month.
Convenience Checking customers also have no fees at all TD Bank ATMs. The account also features the following benefits:
- Contactless debit card: Use your debit card to pay safely with TD Bank’s contactless debit card. Just tap to pay and you’re on your way.
- Instant-issue debit card: If your debit card is lost, stolen or damaged, TD Bank gets a replacement card to you fast—you can even schedule a curbside pickup at any TD Bank for faster service. You can order a new card online and receive it the same or next day.
- Fee waivers: This checking account does have a monthly maintenance fee, but it can be waived with a minimum daily balance of $100 or if you're 17 through 23 (no minimum balance requirement or monthly maintenance fee). Link a TD Simple Savings account to it and its monthly fees are waived too. Plus, fees are waived on Savings Overdraft Protection transfers.
- Rate discounts: Like Beyond Checking accounts, Convenience Checking unlocks access to rate discounts on select TD Bank loan products.
Recommended High-Yield Savings Accounts
|Bank Account||APY||Features||Learn More|
UFB Direct Secure Savings Account
UFB Direct breaks balances into five tiers, but, currently, there is only one interest rate.
No minimum deposit
SoFi Checking and Savings
0.50% - 4.60%
Customers earn 4.60% APY on savings balances when they set up recurring monthly direct deposit of their paycheck or benefits provider via ACH deposit. Alternatively, deposit at least $5,000 each month to earn 4.60% APY on your savings balance. Checking balances earn 0.50% APY
No minimum deposit
CIT Bank Platinum Savings Account
Earn 5.05% APY on balances over $5,000. Balances of less than $5,000 earn 0.25% APY. Annual Percentage Yield is accurate as of July 27, 2023. Interest rates for the Platinum Savings account are variable and subject to change at any time without notice.
$100 minimum deposit
CIT Bank Savings Connect Account
Annual Percentage Yield is accurate as of July 27, 2023. Interest rates for the Savings Connect account are variable and subject to change at any time without notice.
$100 minimum deposit
Who Is Eligible for TD Bank Bonuses?
TD Bank bonuses are only available to new TD personal checking customers who do not have an existing or prior TD personal checking account within the last 12 months. You must also use TD Bank’s bonus promotion link to qualify for either bonus.
Only qualifying direct deposits count toward deposit requirements to earn a bonus. Qualifying direct deposits are paycheck, pension or government benefits from either your employer or the government. Although TD Bank branches are primarily located along the East Coast, residency may or may not affect your application.
How I Earn $2,000 Per Year With Multiple Bank Account Bonuses
TD Bank Account Availability
As mentioned, TD Bank is found primarily in Eastern U.S. states along the Atlantic and surrounding areas, including:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- Washington, D.C.
- British Columbia
The good news is that almost anyone can open an account with the banking giant. Most TD Bank accounts can be opened online as long as you are 18 or older. Even if you don’t live near a TD Bank location, you can easily access your funds and complete everyday banking transactions.
TD Bank Mobile and Online Banking
Whether you live near a TD Bank location or not, you can access your account anytime via online and mobile banking services. TD Bank’s highly rated mobile banking app is available on iOS and Android and comes with several helpful features for banking on the go, including:
- Manage accounts
- View balances, account activity and account statements
- Pay bills
- Mobile check deposits
- Set up banking alerts
- Transfer funds
- Send money via Zelle
- Advanced digital security features
- Card lock/unlock for misplaced or lost debit cards
- Live 24/7 customer service via TD ASAP
There’s very little you can’t do within TD Bank’s mobile app. You can even open a new TD bank account from within the app. You can also access your TD Bank account online, which offers similar features. Whether you’re at work, home or on the road, you can access your funds and stay on top of TD Bank accounts.
Best Online Banks of 2023
Other TD Bank Accounts
TD Bank is a full-service bank offering an assortment of deposit accounts to meet the varying banking needs of individuals young and old. Here’s a brief look at other accounts available through TD Bank.
TD Simple Checking
A basic checking account, Simple Checking has no minimum balance and a $5.99 monthly fee. The account comes with a free contactless debit card, a discount on your first set of checks and a 0.25% discount on TD Bank home equity loans and personal loans.
While the account’s monthly fee isn’t waived, it’s still less than TD Bank’s other checking account. As its name suggests, this is a simple checking account for individuals who need a home for their everyday banking without all of the bells and whistles.
TD 60 Plus Checking
This checking account is geared toward individuals who are 60 and older. 60 Plus Checking is an interest-bearing account with a $10 monthly fee waived with a $250 average daily balance. The account also comes with free checks, money orders and paper statements. While most of the banking world, including TD Bank, is moving to more digital banking methods, it’s nice to see an account that still offers some of the conveniences of banking past for free.
TD Signature Savings
Signature Savings is a savings account with tiered interest rates based on your account balance. The account has a $15 monthly fee—though it can be waived two ways:
- Maintain a $10,000 minimum daily balance
- Link the account to a TD Beyond Checking account
TD Bank Signature Savings offers higher rates for those with an eligible linked account, such as a checking account or credit card. Interest rates are based on location and also your account balance. While it features the highest rates among TD Bank accounts, its rates don’t compare to what you might find at the top online banks. Still, the account holds some value, especially if you are a TD Bank customer.
As a premium account, Signature Savings comes with other valuable features beyond earning interest. Account holders get free access to incoming wire transfers, official bank checks, money orders and stop payments. Also, you never have to pay ATM fees for out-of-network ATM use. You can also get reimbursed for surcharges from ATM owners as long as you keep a $2,500 minimum balance.
TD Simple Savings
Another basic account, TD Simple Savings offers simple banking features for those who want to maximize their savings but don’t need access to premium banking services. The savings account carries a $5 monthly fee, but it can be waived by:
- Keeping at least a $300 minimum daily balance
- Linking the account to a TD Beyond Checking account
- Being under 18 or older than 62
- Being under 24 and linking your account to a TD Convenience Checking account
- Making recurring transfers from your linked TD Bank checking account that are $25 or more
The account has interest rates comparable to many local banks. Interest rates are the same for all balances and are based on your location.
Certificates of Deposit
TD Bank is also home to three certificate of deposit (CD) accounts. Each account option offers something different, but all require a $250 minimum deposit to open. Rates for all three CDs are based on location and your CD term length. Like most banks, TD Bank doesn't charge monthly fees on its CD accounts.
Here’s a look at TD Bank's CD options:
- TD Choice Promotional CDs: Choice Promotional CDs are a standard CD account with terms ranging from three months to five years. Customers with an eligible TD checking account can earn higher bump rates.
- TD No-Catch CDs: No-Catch CDs are only available in two term lengths—six and twelve months. One unique feature, though, is that No-Catch CDs allow for one penalty-free withdrawal per term.
- TD Step Rate CDs: Step Rate CDs are available in three- and five-year terms and allow for one-penalty free withdrawal each anniversary. What’s nice about Step Rate CDs is that the interest rate increases every year your CD is open.
CDs are a great way to maximize savings if you have funds you don’t need access to for a while. All of TD Bank’s CDs automatically renew at maturity. After maturity, there’s a 10-day grace period where you can add or withdraw funds without penalty. If you choose to pull funds from your CD, outside of any special account promotions, you could end up paying early withdrawal penalties, based on your term length, up to 24 months’ interest.
Explore the Best CD RatesVisit the Marketplace
Other TD Bank Products
Outside of its deposit accounts, TD Bank also offers the following products and services:
- Credit cards
- Home equity lines of credit
- Mortgage loans
- Personal loans
- Small business banking
- Commercial banking
- Investing and wealth management
As you can see, TD Bank is truly a full-service bank with banking services and products for almost everyone.
What Is TD Bank?
TD Bank is a full-service bank with roughly 1,120 locations, primarily along the East Coast of the U.S., Washington, D.C., and British Columbia. The bank’s origin goes back more than 150 years. TD Bank is one of the 10 largest banks in North America, serving around 10 million customers. Its services include providing personal, business and commercial banking products. TD Bank is a member of TD Bank Group and is a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada.
Are TD Bank Accounts FDIC Insured?
Your deposits to TD Bank personal bank accounts are FDIC insured up to at least $250,000 per depositor. Even if you have over $250,000 in deposits, your funds may still be covered depending on the account type.
Apply for TD Bank Promotions
You can open a TD Bank account in minutes online. The bank doesn’t employ a hard credit check to open an account, so applying for a new account won’t affect your credit score. You must be 18 or older to apply for an account online. To open an account online, you’ll need a government-issued ID, Social Security number and other personal information handy during the process. You’ll also need another bank account to fund your new TD Bank account.
Be sure to use the bonus offer link to be eligible for TD Bank bonuses.
To open a TD Bank account, you’ll need your driver’s license or state ID; your Social Security number; personal information such as name, age and date of birth; and the funds to open the account. Funds can be cash or a transfer from another account.
If you’re doing a transfer, you’ll need your bank account number and routing number. You’ll also need to decide what kind of account you’ll open to best suit your needs, such as checking, savings, student or foreign currency.
It depends on the type of bank account you choose, but you can open several of TD’s account types with no opening deposits. Some examples are TD Bank’s Simple Savings account and Simple Checking.
Some of the account types do have monthly fees and minimum balance requirements, so be sure to review the terms when opening your account. Maintaining the right balance can help ensure that any fees are waived.
Yes, you can open a TD Bank account online or in person. Both methods require you to have the same information on hand to fill out the form. When applying online, you need to make an electronic deposit to transfer the funds to your new account.
Monthly fees for many TD Bank accounts range from $0 to $25, depending on the account type and details. For example, the TD Convenience Checking account has a monthly fee of $15 unless you participate in fee-waiving actions.
In many cases, customers can waive the monthly fees on their accounts by meeting certain qualifying factors, such as maintaining a minimum daily balance or adding a monthly direct deposit.