Most products on this page are from partners who may compensate us. This may influence which products we write about and where and how they appear on the page. However, opinions expressed here are the author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airline or hotel chain. This page may include information about American Express products currently unavailable on Slickdeals. American Express is not a partner of Slickdeals.
The information for the Nordstrom Credit card has been collected independently by Slickdeals. The product details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the bank advertiser.
Nordstrom Credit Card
Secure application on issuer’s website
- Our Rating 2.5/5 How our ratings work
- APR24.15% - 31.15%
- Annual Fee$0
Get a $40 Bonus Note for use on a future Nordstrom purchase when you apply and get approved for a new Nordstrom credit card and make a qualifying purchase at Nordstrom on your new card the same day
For frequent Nordstrom customers, this card is a natural fit. It earns a decent rewards rate on Nordstrom purchase (with the ability to earn higher rewards with higher spending), has no annual fee and comes with a few perks, like free basic alterations and early access to the Anniversary Sale.
Loyal Nordstrom Shoppers Will Get a Ton of Value from This Card
If you frequently shop at Nordstrom, the Nordstrom Credit Card can help you earn and redeem rewards through the fashion retail brand. Cardholders also earn rewards on other eligible card purchases (Visa cardholders can earn rewards outside of Nordstrom), and the card comes with brand-centric benefits, including automatic Influencer status in The Nordy Club, the company’s loyalty rewards program. Other benefits include reimbursements for clothing alterations and early access to Nordstrom’s popular Anniversary Sale. Depending on your credit, you may receive a Nordstrom retail credit card, which still earns rewards, but can only be used to make purchases with the brand.
- Small sign-up bonus offer
- No annual fee
- Decent rewards rates at Nordstrom locations
- Free basic alterations, double point days and access to the Anniversary Sale
- High APR
- Limited rewards redemption options
- Points expire after 12 months of card inactivity
- Higher rewards rates require higher spending
- $40 Bonus Nordstrom Note upon card approval
- Earns 3X points on Nordstrom purchases with Ambassador or Icon status
Earns 2X points on Nordstrum purchases with Influencer status
- Earns 1X points anywhere else Visa credit cards are accepted
- Early access to Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale
- Reimbursements for alterations up to $300 based on your Nordy Club status
- No foreign transaction fees (Visa cardholder exclusive)
- No annual fee
Individuals approved for the Nordstrom Credit Card can receive a $40 Bonus Nordstrom Note. Unlike many rewards cards that offer a sign-up bonus, there's no spending requirement you need to meet to earn the bonus. Bonus Notes are redeemable for qualifying purchases with Nordstrom.
The sign-up bonus is worth $40 toward store purchases, which is a small welcome bonus compared to other rewards cards, but could be in line with what you might expect from a retail store credit card.
Cardholders earn points every time they use their Nordstrom Credit Card for purchases. The amount of points you earn depends on where it's used and your Nordy Club status level. Here's a breakdown of bonus rates for the Nordstrom Credit Card:
- Earns 3X points on Nordstrom purchases with Ambassador or Icon status
- Earns 2X points on Nordstrom purchases with Influencer status
- Earns 1X points anywhere else Visa credit cards are accepted (Visa cardholders only)
Automatic Influencer status is included with card approval. You can earn a higher rate by reaching Ambassador status with $5,000 in qualifying Nordstrom purchases annually or Icon status with $15,000 in qualifying Nordstrom purchases annually.
Cardholders can also earn points by reaching point accumulation thresholds and through special promotions from Nordstrom.
Best Rewards Credit CardsVisit the Marketplace
Points earned with the Nordstrom Credit Card are worth approximately 1 cent. Once you've reached a specific points threshold, you're issued a Nordstrom Note redeemable toward Nordstrom purchases. Points thresholds are based on your Nordy Club status.
- Influencer status: $10 Bonus Note for every 1,000 points earned
- Ambassador or Icon status: $20 bonus note for every 2,000 points earned
If you don't want to wait until you reach these thresholds, you can redeem points for Nordstrom Notes in smaller denominations as low as $5 through the Nordstrom mobile iOS app.
You can use your Nordstrom Notes toward purchases in stores or online at Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, and Nordstrom Local. They cannot be used to pay your Nordstrom Credit Card bill.
Points and standard Nordstrom Notes expire 12 months after they are issued. Bonus Nordstrom Notes may carry shorter expiration dates based on the promotion.
Card Benefits and Perks
Most of the benefits of the Nordstrom Visa are tied to the fashion retailer:
- Early access to the Anniversary Sale: As a cardholder, you get early access to Nordstrom's premier shopping event, its Anniversary Sale. The higher your status level, the earlier you can start shopping the sale.
- Alteration perks: Cardholders receive free basic alterations on clothing purchased at Nordstrom and Nordstrom.com. The card also includes up to $300 alterations reimbursement in Nordstrom Notes for more complex alterations based on your status level.
- Lifestyle Workshop access: Cardholders get access to Nordstrom Lifestyle Workshops, where they can learn about the latest trends in style and entertainment.
- Priority access to Style Events: As a cardholder, you get priority booking access for Nordstrom fashion events. Note that these events may require the purchase of a ticket, which isn't included as a card benefit.
- Personal Double Points Days: Cardholders gain instant Influencer status, which comes with 3 Personal Double Bonus Days in which you earn double the base points on eligible Nordstrom purchases.
- Visa benefits: If approved, you'll either receive a Visa Signature card or a Visa Platinum card based on your creditworthiness. Both Visa types come with added benefits and consumer protections for cardholders.
Shop Popular Nordstrom Deals
Sperry Men's Top-Sider Brewster Duck Boots (2 Colors) $29.38 + Free Shipping on $89+See Deal
Hoka Ora Recovery Slides. $35 At Nordstrom RackSee Deal
HOKA Men's Clifton L Shoes (Various) $99.97 + Free ShippingSee Deal
- You may not receive the card you want: Depending on your credit, you may only qualify for the Nordstrom retail credit card. It still earns rewards but is only for Nordstrom-brand purchases.
- Modest welcome bonus: The $40 Bonus Note is okay but pales in comparison to welcome bonus offers from the top travel rewards cards.
- Bonus rates are average at best: The card earns average rates for store purchases but only earns 1 point per dollar spent on everything else.
- High APR: The card carries a higher variable APR range of 24.15% - 31.15%.
Annual fees can lessen the value of a card since you have to earn enough rewards and use card benefits enough to outweigh the added cost. The Nordstrom Credit Card has no annual fee, so there's no extra cost to add this card to your wallet.
The Nordstrom Credit Card doesn't come with an introductory APR. The card comes with a variable 24.15% - 31.15% APR based on your creditworthiness.
The Nordstrom Visa card doesn't carry foreign transaction fees. There are no additional fees for card purchases made outside of the U.S.
Best Credit Cards for Online Shopping (December 2023)
Recommended Credit Score
TD Bank issues the Nordstrom Credit Card. Like most card issuers, TD Bank doesn't publish its credit or other requirements to qualify for the card. Generally, you need good to excellent credit to qualify for any rewards credit card. A good credit score is considered a FICO score of 670 or higher.
If you don't meet the credit requirements for the Nordstrom Credit Card, your application may be considered for a Nordstrom retail credit card, which only works within the retail brand's ecosystem.
Is the Nordstrom Credit Card Worth It?
The Nordstrom Credit Card could be a good fit if you're a frequent shopper with the fashion retailer and want access to brand perks. The card offers little to no value to individuals who do not spend considerable money on Nordstrom purchases. You may find better reward rates through other rewards credit cards that earn flat-rate rewards or cash back on card purchases. Determine what categories you spend the most on monthly or annually, and shop around for rewards cards that align with your spending habits.
Remember that when you apply for a Nordstrom Credit Card, TD Bank (the card issuer) will run a hard credit inquiry to determine your creditworthiness. If you do not qualify for the Nordstrom Visa credit card, the bank may instead approve you for a Nordstrom retail credit card, which can only be used for Nordstrom purchases. There's no way to know in advance which card you'll receive in advance, so you should only apply if you have good to excellent credit.
Cash Back vs. Points—Which Credit Card Rewards Program Is More Valuable?
Frequently Asked Questions
TD Bank issues the Nordstrom Visa credit card.
Like most card issuers, TD Bank doesn't disclose available credit limits. TD Bank approves applications and assigns credit limits based on your creditworthiness.
TD Bank doesn't disclose credit requirements, but generally, you need good to excellent credit to qualify for a rewards credit card. A good FICO score is a score of 670 or higher.
The Nordstrom Visa credit card is accepted anywhere that accepts Visa and earns rewards on all eligible card purchases. The Nordstrom retail credit card only works for purchases made with the Nordstrom brand.