Most products on this page are from partners who may compensate us. This may influence which products we write about and where and how they appear on the page. However, opinions expressed here are the author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airline or hotel chain. This page may include information about American Express products currently unavailable on Slickdeals. American Express is not a partner of Slickdeals.
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
This product is currently not available via Slickdeals. All information about this product was collected by Slickdeals and has not been reviewed by the issuer.
- Our Rating 4.0/5 How our ratings work
- APR19.99% - 29.99% (Variable)
- Annual Fee$0
New cardholders can earn a $200 cash bonus after spending $500 with the card during the first three months of account opening.
The bonus opportunity with a low spending requirement for new cardholders is certainly notable, and the potential cash-back earnings are hard to ignore. You can maximize your rewards by making this your go-to everyday credit card.
A No-Frills Cash-Back Credit Card for Beginners
The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card is one of the credit card issuers’ most popular cash-back rewards cards. It’s hard to argue against this card, with its generous cash sign-up bonus and rewards rate, along with no annual fee.
Cardholders also gain access to a bevy of credit card benefits, including travel and purchase protections. Consumers who want to earn rewards for all of their purchases need to look no further. The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card is an excellent option as flat-rate, everyday spending card.
- No foreign transaction fees
- Straightforward cash back earning structure
- Beginner-friendly card
- Other cash-back cards offer higher rewards rates on certain spending categories
- Can't use rewards towards travel
Right now, you can earn a $200 cash sign-up bonus with the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card. You’ll earn the one-time cash bonus after spending $500 in the first three months from card opening. You may not qualify for the bonus if you are a previous cardholder.
The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card earns 1.5% cash back on all purchases, as well as an elevated 5% cash back on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel.
There are no revolving spending categories to track. All purchases earn the same, big or small, and there’s no cap on how much rewards you can earn on spending. With its continued earning across the board, the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card is perfect for everyday spending. If you spend your money in a few select categories, you may earn more rewards with other popular cash-back credit cards.
How ‘No Annual Fee’ Credit Cards Can Save You Money and Earn Rewards
The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card has no annual fee. With all of its benefits, it’s among the best no annual fee credit cards around. Having to pay an annual fee means determining if the cost is worth the perks provided with the card before you apply. Typically, rewards credit cards with annual fees offer more benefits and bigger bonuses, but the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card more than holds its own as an everyday spending card.
The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card comes with an intro 0% APR offer on purchases for 15 months from card opening, then a 19.99% - 29.99% (Variable) APR based on creditworthiness applies after this offer concludes. See details on issuer site. If you have a large purchase coming up, you can use your Capital One card and then pay it off interest-free over time. The interest rate on purchases jumps to the regular variable APR depending on your creditworthiness after the introductory period.
The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card requires an excellent credit score for approval. Third-party services like Experian can help you determine your FICO score, while Credit Karma can provide a VantageScore and up-to-date details from both TransUnion and Equifax.
There’s also an option to get approved for this same card with good credit, but you’ll miss out on the sign-up bonus and the intro 0% APR offer (which is followed by a 19.99% - 29.99% (Variable) APR). Without those perks, you may have better luck without rewards credit cards geared towards individuals with a good credit score.
For those who are new to credit or have a series of bad marks on their credit reports, they may want to look at options for cards with a more lenient recommended credit score.
Earning cash back isn’t the only thing going for the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card. As a cardholder, you’ll have access to several other promising card benefits. Here’s a look at some of the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card's best features.
Travel Benefits and Purchase Protections
- No foreign transaction fees: Enjoy using your Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card when traveling. You’ll never get charged any fees on purchases outside of the U.S.
- Travel assistance services: Cardholders get 24/7 access to travel assistance if their card is lost or stolen.
- Concierge services: Looking for the personalized assistance of a concierge? Access to this luxury service comes with your Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card.
- Extended warranty: Eligible purchases made with your Capital One rewards card earn additional warranty protection at no extra cost
- Purchase notifications: Track your spending better with automatic push notifications whenever you use your card.
- Capital One Shopping: Formerly known as WikiBuy, Capital One Shopping is an online shopping tool that automatically searches for coupon codes to save you money on your purchases.
- Shop with Your Rewards: Your Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card also lets you pay for Amazon.com purchases using your rewards.
- Exclusive Events and Experiences: Capital One cardholders also gain access to purchase tickets for once-in-a-lifetime events like sporting events, concerts and more.
- Card Lock: Use your Capital One mobile app to quickly lock your card if it’s lost or stolen.
- Security Alerts: You can also receive alerts by phone, text and email whenever there are any suspicious transactions on your account.
- Virtual Card Number: Protect yourself when shopping online using a virtual card number instead of your actual card number.
- CreditWise: Your Capital One credit card also comes with access to CreditWise. This service lets you check your TransUnion and Experian credit score and receive updates of credit report changes.
For Capital One products listed on this page, some of the above benefits are provided by Visa® or Mastercard® and may vary by product. See the respective Guide to Benefits for details, as terms and exclusions apply.
You can redeem your Capital One cash-back rewards in three ways:
- Cash via paper check or a statement credit
- Cover recent purchases made with your credit card
- Gift cards
Unlike many popular cash-back credit cards, the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card doesn’t have a minimum redemption requirement. Some cards won’t let you cash out until you have $25 in cash back rewards or more saved up. With Capital One, you can redeem your rewards anytime or wait and let them accumulate.
Redemption values vary depending on which option you choose. You may be better off choosing to receive a check or statement credit or to cover a purchase. Gift card redemptions tend to offer less value, but there are times when card issuers will offer promotional deals that could extend their value.
There’s also an option to set up automatic cash-back redemptions. You can either set a specific date each calendar year or when your account reaches a specific threshold.
The good news is that Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card rewards don’t expire. Your rewards points are good for as long as you have an active account. If your account is closed for any reason, you’ll lose any remaining rewards you haven’t redeemed.
As mentioned above, there’s no annual fee with the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card and neither are there foreign transaction fees either. However, there are fees for cash advance services, balance transfers and late payments.
Avoid paying interest charges by paying off your Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card in full each month by the due date. Making regular on-time payments and not using your card as a short-term loan will go a long way towards helping fee-averse credit card users enjoy this Capital One card at no cost.
Compare Capital One Cards
The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card isn’t the credit card issuers only rewards credit card or even its only cash back card. They offer several cash back credit cards to meet various customer needs. Here’s a quick look at some of the other Capital One cash back credit cards currently available.
- Capital One QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card: This card is recommended for individuals with fair credit. You’ll get the same 1.5% cash back on all purchases (and an elevated 5% cash back on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel), but there’s no cash bonus and a $39 annual fee attached.
- Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card: The Savor Card comes earns unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment spending, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other spending. The card also earns an elevated 5% cash back on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel. There’s a $95 annual fee attached, but you also get a nice one-time sign-up bonus of $300 after spending $3,000 on your card in the first three months.
- Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card: Another cash back card, the SavorOne Rewards Card also offers tiered rewards, but without the annual fee of Savor Rewards. Cardholders earn unlimited 3% cash back on dining and entertainment purchases, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases. The card also earns an elevated 5% cash back on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel. With excellent credit, you can earn a $200 welcome bonus after spending $500 on your card in the first three months. There’s an option to qualify with good credit, but you won’t earn the bonus. Read our full review of the SavorOne card.
The potential cash-back earnings with the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card are hard to ignore. While it may not offer higher rates on specific bonus categories, you can maximize your rewards by making it your go-to everyday use credit card. Plus, the opportunity to earn 200 bonus for new cardholders who spend $500 on purchases within three months of account opening is a big incentive to carry this card.
With no annual fee, all of your spending goes towards earning rewards. It’s even a great card to use when traveling internationally since it has no foreign transaction fees.
To receive the $200 cash bonus, you'll need to spend $500 in transactions within the first three months of opening your account. If you're an existing cardholder or a previous cardholder, you may not be able to take advantage of this one-time bonus offer.
To qualify for the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card, you'll need excellent credit. Typically those with excellent credit have never declared bankruptcy or defaulted on a loan. They've had a credit card or loan for at least three years with a $5,000 credit limit. And they've never been more than 60 days late on a loan, medical bill or credit card in the last 12 months.
While typically only those with excellent credit can qualify for the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card, those with fair credit can qualify for the Capital One QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card. Both cards feature 1.5% unlimited cash back on all purchases, plus 5% cash back on rental cars and hotels if booked through the Capital One Travel portal.
The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card has no annual fee, while the Capital One QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card comes with a $39 annual fee.
There's also no sign-up bonus nor a 0% APR intro rate with the Capital One QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card, which is available with the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card