Most products on this page are from partners who may compensate us. This may influence which products we write about and where and how they appear on the page. However, opinions expressed here are the author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airline or hotel chain. This page may include information about American Express products currently unavailable on Slickdeals. American Express is not a partner of Slickdeals.
The Bilt Mastercard® is one of the most exciting products to hit the credit card market in years, especially for consumers who pay rent. Cardholders have the opportunity to earn fun bonuses on the first day of each month, which adds a ton of value on top of the card's strong everyday rewards.
Here’s what you can expect from Bilt’s September Rent Day promotion.
September 2023 Rent Day
For the month of September, Bilt is offering a couple of ways for users to win free rent:
- Bilt x SoulCycle: Starting on August 29th, 2023, at 7 a.m. ET, Bilt members can book complimentary bikes at every Bilt x SoulCycle Rent Day Ride on the 1st of each month at all SoulCycle studios across the country.
- 10 complimentary bikes are available per class (first come, first serve).
- 1 rider in every Rent Day Ride will win up to $2,500.
- "Rent Free" Game Show: Have you ever wanted to play Family Feud? Bilt asked 1,000 of its members some hypothetical questions. If you guess 3 of the most popular answers, you'll be entered for the chance to have your month's rent paid.
- Up to 10 winners will win a month of rent paid for by Bilt.
- Special guest reality TV star and real estate mogul Ryan Serhant will play the game live.
Fee-Free Rewards for Renters: A Review of the Bilt Mastercard
Bilt Rent Day Benefits
Unlock even more benefits and special promotions when you use your Bilt card on the first of every month.
1. Earn Double Points on Most Purchases
On the first day of every month, Bilt cardholders can earn twice as many points on all purchases excluding rent, up to a limit of 10,000 points:
- 6x Bilt points on dining (regularly 3x points)
- 4x Bilt points on flights, hotels and car rentals (regularly 2x points)
- 2x points on every purchase except for rent (regularly 1x points)
The promotional rate begins at 12 a.m. Eastern time, and ends at 11:59 p.m. Pacific time on the first of each month. You need to use your Bilt Mastercard five or more times each statement period in order to earn rewards.
2. Double-Dip Your Rewards with Bilt Dining
Bilt Dining is a recent addition to the rewards portfolio that offers members an opportunity to stack points, especially on Rent Day. Diners can earn 5x Bilt points per dollar spent with participating restaurants in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas and New York City.
Unlike most other Bilt earning opportunities, you can earn Bilt Dining rewards with any eligible Visa, American Express or Mastercard in your Bilt Wallet within the Bilt app.
Of course, you’ll earn the most Bilt points if you use your Bilt card, especially on Rent Day: 11x points per dollar spent at partner restaurants on the first of each month.
3. Play Point Quest Trivia
Bilt keeps it fun with a monthly trivia game called Point Quest™ that offers free Bilt points for correct responses. Question topics range from museum knowledge to pop culture, science, math and travel.
Contestants who correctly guess every question get a bonus round at the end for an opportunity to earn additional points.
Earn extra Bilt Points only on September 1st. Answer five questions, and win up to 150 Bilt Points. Answer all five questions correctly and you’ll get access to a bonus question for another 100 Bilt Points to win a total of 250 Bilt Points.
4. Book a SoulCycle Class, Bring a Friend for Free
SoulCycle enthusiasts can bring a friend to class for free on Rent Day by booking select bikes in participating cities. Both Bilt Rewards members and their participating friends will also be eligible to win a month of free rent, simply by taking a Rent Day ride.
SoulCycle rides earn 10x points per dollar spent with Bilt, or can be booked on points starting at 2,600 Bilt points per ride.
5 Reasons You Need the Bilt Card in Your Wallet
Frequently Asked Questions
Rent does not earn double points per dollar spent, even on Rent Day. You’ll earn one Bilt point per dollar spent on rent payments.
Yes. You can participate in the Rent Day sweepstakes by emailing your home address, name and email address to [email protected].
Rent Day begins at 12 a.m. Eastern time, and ends at 11:59 p.m. Pacific time on the first of each month.