If you are planning a trip to Las Vegas, you don’t have to hit a jackpot at a casino to enjoy some luxury experiences. The myVEGAS app is a free-to-play app that offers slot and table games and allows you to redeem your earned points for rewards at MGM Resorts destinations.
You can play on Facebook, iPhone, or Android. The game is simple. All you need to do is log into the myVEGAS Slots game (links below), and you receive free tokens each day. You can then choose a slot machine and place your bets. You don’t even need to actively play — you can set the slot machine on auto-spin after placing your bets and check the app periodically.
Once you start playing, you earn gold coins redeemable for prizes. Some of the prizes start at 1,000 gold coins for BOGO draft beer and can reach more than one million gold coins for prizes such as free cruises or tickets to special concerts or sporting events.
Related: How To Avoid Hotel and Resort Fees When Staying in Las Vegas
To stay at a budget hotel such as Excalibur or Luxor, you only need 15K gold, which you can earn in a few days of playing. Mid-range hotels, such as New York-New York (NYNY), MGM Grand, and Park MGM, cost 40K to 70K gold, and luxury resorts, such as Aria and Bellagio, can cost 100K to 150K gold coins for a free stay.
In addition to the free hotel perks, you can also redeem gold coins for food and drinks. Some examples of prizes include:
- BOGO Bellagio dinner buffet – 40K gold
- Free appetizer with purchase of an entrée at Park MGM – 20K gold
- BOGO lunch buffet at MGM Grand – 15K gold
- BOGO dinner entrée at Aria – 15K gold
- $25 Vagabond restaurant credit at Excalibur – 10K gold
- Complimentary cocktail at Mandalay Bay – 9,000 gold
- Complimentary Jell-O shot at New York-New York – 7,500 gold
- BOGO sandwich at The Mirage – 4,000 gold
You can even redeem gold coins for shows and other attractions like:
- Two complimentary tickets to Siegfried & Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat – 55K gold
- One complimentary ticket to Tournament of Kings at Excalibur – 50K gold
- Complimentary shark reef ticket at Mandalay Bay – 30K gold
- BOGO roller coaster passes at New York-New York – 2,500 gold
The great thing about the gold coins is that they never expire, so even if you only visit Las Vegas once a year or less, you can keep saving up points for larger prizes. The downside is that there are some rules for how many prizes you can redeem per trip, which include:
- You can redeem three premium rewards every 30 days. Premium rewards typically include anything that is free, whether it is a free cocktail or a free hotel room. To maximize the premium rewards, you can sometimes redeem for a two or three-night hotel stay, and each of these redemptions only counts as one premium reward.
- BOGO rewards, such as BOGO buffet passes, are not considered premium rewards, and you can redeem an unlimited number of these per trip, only limited by the number of gold coins you have available to redeem.
Great Deals and Bonuses to Check Out on Slickdeals Money:
- Best Credit Card Bonuses and Perk Offers This Month
- Best Checking and Savings Account Bonuses and Promos This Month
- Best High-Interest Savings Accounts This Month: Compare APY and Features