If you want to earn more airline miles each time you stay at a hotel, IHG® Hotels and Resorts and Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles program are running a promotion through the end of the year to help you earn more miles!
Through 2022, IHG and Turkish Airlines are offering 1,000 miles per 2-night stay at more than 6,000 IHG Hotels and Resorts worldwide.
To participate in the promotion, log in to your IHG One Rewards account and select Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles as your earning preference.
The IHG Hotels and Resorts portfolio offers many popular hotel brands, including:
- Hotel Indigo® is a boutique hotel brand offering local experiences in more than 20 countries. Each property is unique to the destination and features local menu items, decor, and guest experiences.
- Kimpton® hotels are available in 56 cities, the majority in North America, and offer a boutique experience to design-conscious travelers. Kimpton also offers unique experiences, such as hosted wine hour and occasional free welcome gifts that you can receive by mentioning a secret password upon check-in.
- Crowne Plaza® hotels cater to modern business travelers; it is one of the largest brands in the IHG portfolio, with more than 400 locations worldwide.
- EVEN® Hotels cater to the intersection of business and wellness travelers and are in the more affordable range of IHG hotels.
- voco™ is a new IHG brand targeting experience-seeking travelers.
- Staybridge Suites® offers free breakfast, a complimentary happy hour, and fully-equipped kitchens for longer stays and business travelers.
- Candlewood Suites® is an extended stay option in the IHG portfolio featuring in-suite kitchens and outdoor grills.
- avid™ hotels offer free grab-and-go breakfast and cater to younger budget travelers.
- Perhaps the most well-known IHG brands are Holiday Inn® and Holiday Inn Express®, with more than 4,000 combined properties, catering to travelers looking for a standardized experience across different destinations.
Turkish Airlines offers some amazing points redemption opportunities through its Star Alliance partnerships worldwide. Additionally, while Turkish Airlines is rarely at the top of mind for domestic flights, it is a points and miles sweet spot. In addition to the IHG and Turkish Airlines promotion, you can also transfer points/miles from Bilt, Citi ThankYou, and Capital One to Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles.
More great travel news and deals from Slickdeals:
- Best Travel Credit Card Bonuses This Month
- 3 Credit Cards That Paid for My Family’s Trip to Hawaii
- How To Earn Money Towards Free Travel Each Time You Pay Your Rent
Both United and Turkish Airlines are part of Star Alliance, and it is possible to book United flights through Turkish Airlines for fewer points than United would charge to fly on its own planes.
For example, United typically charges more than 40,000 points for a round-trip flight from the continental U.S. to Hawaii in economy. However, if you can find that same United Airlines flight offered through Turkish Airlines, the flight may only cost 15,000 points, according to my most recent booking experience.
The 7,500-point one-way economy price applies to any domestic flight in the United States since Turkish Airlines considers the entire United States (including Alaska and Hawaii) as one region in its regional pricing map.
Turkish Airlines also includes Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands in this pricing region. Because these flights are such a good deal, award space can sometimes be difficult to find, but if you can book a few tickets this way, it will save you thousands of points or miles!
Featured photo courtesy of Kimpton Angler’s Hotel South Beach/IHG
Great Deals and Bonuses to Check Out on Slickdeals Money:
- Best Credit Card Bonuses and Perk Offers This Month
- Best Checking and Savings Account Bonuses and Promos This Month
- Best High-Interest Savings Accounts This Month: Compare APY and Features