World of Hyatt generally runs a promotion every summer for their credit cardholders on some sort of award bookings. That offer is back and offers a rebate on award stays while staying at three of Hyatt’s most popular brands.
Cardholders must register for the promotion before July 31 to benefit from the rebate. Once registered, cardholders will receive a 20% discount on award stays at hotels that are part of Hyatt’s Independent Collection this summer.
Secure application on issuer’s website.
Annual Fee: $95
Bonus: Up to 60,000 Points
Rewards Rate: 9X-1X Points
Details: Full Review
Terms and restrictions apply
Annual Fee: $95
APR: Variable APR based on credit worthiness.
Rewards Rate: Earn up to 9x points total for Hyatt stays – 4x points per dollar spent at Hyatt hotels and 5x base points per dollar from Hyatt as a World of Hyatt member. Plus, earn 2x points per dollar spent at restaurants, on airline tickets purchased directly from the airlines, on local transit and commuting and on fitness club and gym memberships.
Sign-Up Bonus: Earn 30,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in your first three months from account opening. Plus, up to 30,000 more bonus points by earning 2x points total per dollar spent in the first six months from account opening on purchases that normally earn 1x point, on up to $15,000 spent.
Who Should Use This Credit Card? People who travel frequently and want access to status benefits from a hotel loyalty program.
Why We Like the World of Hyatt Credit Card
Among all of the top hotel rewards programs, World of Hyatt offers the most valuable rewards, and the World of Hyatt puts you on the fast track to enjoying some of the program’s preferred benefits.
The rewards program also offers a range of properties, including all-inclusive resorts. That said, Hyatt has the smallest footprint of any hotel chain on our list, with roughly 1,000 properties in 68 countries.
In addition to a generous sign-up bonus, the World of Hyatt Credit Card also offers a free night every year, as well as automatic Discoverist status, which is the program’s lowest status level. However, there is a path to earn up to Globalist status, depending on how much you spend on the card.
Where is This Promotion Valid?
This summer, cardholders will get a 20% rebate on stays booked with points at over 100 hotels at the three hotel brands that are part of Hyatt’s Independent Collection.
- The Unbound Collection: According to Hyatt, these are “More than a compilation of one-of-a-kind hotels… they’re a thoughtful curation of stories worth collecting.”
- Destination by Hyatt: Hyatt describes these hotels as “purposefully crafted for discovery—of place, of people and of self” by embodying “the true spirit of each locale by engaging guests with each other and local culture in immersive, genuine ways.”
- Joie de Vivre: Hyatt calls these hotels “a community for the spirited, the light-hearted, the young at heart, the hotels that are part of JdV by Hyatt are true reflections of the neighborhoods we call home.”
This promotion isn’t as generous as last year’s promotion which offered 25% back at all Hyatt hotels. But if you’re planning travel, you can redeem World of Hyatt points at some fantastic hotels that are part of the Independent Collection.
World of Hyatt 2023 Summer Promotion Fine Print
- The promotion covers stays at Hyatt’s three independent collection brands: The Unbound Collection, Destination by Hyatt, and Joie de Vivre.
- You must be a credit cardholder of one of Hyatt’s two cobrand credit cards: Chase World of Hyatt Credit Card or Chase World of Hyatt Business Credit Card. World of Hyatt members who do not have one of the two cobrand credit cards are not eligible.
- To be eligible for the promotion, you must first register with World of Hyatt between June 27 and July 31, 2022.
- The stays must be completed during the promotion period, July 5 to September 5, 2022, to receive the rebate.
- Registered cardholders will receive 20% Bonus Points back on the World of Hyatt points they redeem for Free Night Awards, Points + Cash stays, room upgrades, dining and spa services during the promotion period.
- The maximum number of World of Hyatt points returned as part of the rebate per transaction is 30,000.
World of Hyatt is offering a promotion for their credit cardholders this summer. If you have a World of Hyatt Credit Card or a World of Hyatt Business Credit Card, it’s definitely worth taking advantage of this promotion for stays at Hyatt’s Independent Collection.
Featured photo courtesy of Hyatt.